Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Remind Me, Again!

"I want to yield and burn with truths I know". I may have messed this lyric up, but the more I thnk about it, the more it becomes necessary. I have not been in the place in my walk that I want to be(Who knew?!?) I have not been reading, but I've been hungry. I guess not hungry enough to take the time. I had a great time of growth and learning last year that brought new understanding about God's love for me.

The truth is I have forgotten or let it go. (We also have a Sea of Forgetfulness) I find myself wanting to go back read the some of the basic truths Christ layed out for us. I need to grasp what I already "know" to be true.

The fact is I thought I already knew, but didn't have the slightest idea of what it meant to me. Christ loves me? Yes, but he loves everybody! Doesn't He? This was a tough one, but I think I finally got it. Now that I get it, can I let myself off thah hook? Can I stop beating myself up over things I wish I would have done differently? Well, I should, but I haven't got that one, yet. I do know that he is not beating me up and there is no condemnation in Christ Jesus.

I love when my friends come over or when we talk because some of the basic truths come out in conversation and they remind me of how God works. I don't know if a year will suffice, but truths are where I need to start.

No comments: