Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Ebenezer (Stone of Help)

In a passing moment you call my name
In a passing moment you ask me to show you
all of my ways
In a passing moment I lift you up
In a passing moment the still night is stirred

you are made whole again

This was written about my encounter with God when I prayed my salvation prayer. I recall this moment as being very emotional and uplifting. Uplifting because that is exactly what it felt like. I had just finished my prayer, repeating Psalm 51, and explained to God that I need a way to know He was listening. It was late at night, so I went outside in my back yard. The air was still and silent. All of the sudden a breeze came and wrapped around me and I felt as though I was twenty feet from the ground. There was a dizzying sensation and all I could do was cry. I knew God was listening.

I remember this moment when I stray or find myself feeling distant from Him. In a passing moment, He came to me and embraced me. I had struggled with my own mind like a tug-of-war before I just finally prayed for him to win the war. I couldn't win it by myself, so He had to take control. Which is more profound than I would like to admit to, but He took over and placed me in His presence.

It's the place I long to be in everyday. A place I strive to be in everyday, but fall short.

This is something I hold on to, so I can be rooted and grounded in Love. My ebenezer.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

dude thats an awesome story.

i see more of them on their way for you, my brother. many more.

-@