Thursday, September 08, 2005

Happenstance?!?

Hey, today is our fourth anniversary!!!! Well, it seems longer because we've been together for eight years. It's amazing how fast it's gone and how we have changed throughout this time.

I want to tell you about how our lives were connected before we even knew each other. My grandpa had passed away before we met and I wanted to go visit his grave sight, so we took a short trip to Unionville Center. As we walked up to the headstone, my wife saw the name on the headstone two plots away from my grandpa's. It had her last name and the first name was Bill. She then said, "My grandpa's name was Bill." I told her it couldn't be and she said her grandpa lived in Unionville Center with a woman named Judy. At that point she blew my mind because my grandpa had lived with a woman named Judy, which buried her first husband and my grandpa two plots away from each other. To make a long story short: Our grandfather's are buried two plots away from each other and both had a relationship with this woman named Judy. We then had to talk with my father-in-law to make sure and he confirmed that his father had moved from Kentucky to Ohio and married a woman in Unionville Center.

It was pretty awesome to think about how God had our lives thought out. It was obvious that we were destined to meet. We had the same friends and met through them just by happenstance. It raises a lot of questions and also makes me just want to stop thinking because I could get lost in the "what if's" and the "maybe's". What do you think?

2 comments:

Faithful Joy said...

As Swanger would say, "Whhhaaaaat?" That's an amazing story! Happy anniversary to one of my favorite couples in the world! I love you both! There are no coincidences in Jesus!

Aaron said...

more more more! write us some more!