Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Manhattan Project

The big bang took and shook the world on August 6th, 1945. Sixty years ago the "Enola Gay" dropped two bombs on Japan. I know this is three days late, but I have some thoughts I want to log. I don't know if it was necessary to send "Fat Man" and "Little Boy" to shoot down the "Rising Sun" or not. I just think that we need to remember where we were as a country and how we came to that decision at that time. It was a race to build the bomb. We knew if Hitler had completed it first he would have used it either as a bargaining chip(threat) or a weapon. He may have completed his conquest in conquering the world. I believe in good vs. evil, and black and white. I don't think that decision was so clear, but I do believe that good prevailed and evil was conquered. It makes me wonder why people question the decision to fight the war on terror. It is an evil we must face. Last night, I was watching David Letterman and one of his monologue jokes was about Bush taking a five week vacation. A few minutues later he turned around and asked Paul Shaffer why Osama Bin Laden was still alive. "Why haven't we got him yet?, asked Dave. How profound?!? He doesn't like Bush and his "War on Terror", but he wants to know why the man responsible for America's worst terror attack in history isn't dead. "The hopeful depend on a world without end. Whatever the hopeless may say."

No comments: