Friday, August 19, 2005

Have I Told You, Lately.....

There are times when I get so angry with myself for the way I react to situations. I didn't react in a way that I intended last night with my wife and my anger got the best of me. I am regretful and feeling miserable. I want my wife to know how I feel, but I don't always know how to tell her. I want her to know how I think of her and that I respect her deeply. All I know to say is, "I love you". Right now I feel raw and exposed and like my identity in Christ is being taken from me. I do not want my wife or anyone else to know me as a person that can't control his anger. I want her to know me as her lover and friend. So, I called her and told her, "I love you!" She returned the statement and we are moving past last night. I want to sing to her, "Have I told you, lately, that I love you, And there's no one else above you." I just heard that song and it almost made me cry thinking about her. Praise God for my wife!

1 comment:

Faithful Joy said...

You are so OPEN! I love that about you! Communication is an art that takes practice, but it will come, my friend. When emotions are strong it is very hard to control how they spill out! I find myself being polite and forgiving with everyone in the world until I get home, and then it all fall apart. I will pray for God's grace to empower you.