Monday, November 21, 2005

Weekend Fun

Saturday, we got together with our home group to watch the Ohio State vs. Michigan game. We ate a Thanksgiving dinner and it was great! The kids made cookies and the parents ate a lot.

Later, we went to the Columbus Zoo. They were open late for their Christmas lights. Caden loved the lights so much he didn't want to leave. He was walking up to every display and trying to take the lights apart. We joked about Caden pulling out a bulb and making the whole place shut down. How funny would that be? Any, we had a great time. We drank hot chocolate and strolled through the zoo. It was peaceful and relaxing. And it was free!!!

Sunday was awesome. The worship set was strong and refreshing. The message was just what I needed to hear. It was about disagreements and letting grumblings or murmurs take hold of you to the point that you lose joy. If you read my blog two entries ago, I was saying I needed help with losing my joy. In short, the service was a blessing.

I received a lot of compliments for singing "Holy Heart" by Charlie Hall, which made me feel weird. I didn't know what to say to some people because I don't think it was me. I give the Lord all credit. He touched the congregation with that song. I was wanting to throw up my hands and deflect the compliments because it seemed out of place to me. I praise God that He reached them through the song. It made me tremble as I sang it. I put my arm up in praise to Him and my hand started shaking uncontrollably and I almost felt like I was going to pass out. The service was draining, but peacefully satisfying and I give Him all the glory!

1 comment:

Scott Donnelly said...

Glad to see the joy is flowing!!

Go Blue... Next year anyway.