Monday, November 07, 2005

Sharing The Love

I feel I need to share this. You know?
The first Sunday morning worship service was very strong. Our Pastor talked about profit and loss in the spiritual realm. Paul talks about it in Phillipians 3. Everything is a loss when compared to Jesus. Jesus is our gain and our righteousness is measured by Him.

I want to preface this by saying I am still trying to get a grip on this because I am trying not to be religious myself. I sometimes find myself putting on a gameface, but not being into the game. I want and need more intimacy with Jesus. This is why I am sharing.

Our Pastor talked about how some believe being a good person is enough. Enough to get them to heaven, enough to save them. No other committment or action has to be taken. They might say the occasional prayer when they want something or when things get bad enough.

Jesus calls us to more. He wants us to believe in Him, trust in Him, love Him, praise Him, worship Him, talk to Him, cry to Him, hide in Him, etc... There's a sermon in each of those, but the point is, He wants more from us than selfishness and small faith.

He wants us to share Him.

During ministry time our Pastor said he felt a nudge from the Lord, telling him that He wants His church to be more bold. To step out in boldness and proclaim Jesus with others. There are people in our lives who, not by accident, we are making relationships. They need to hear the truth.

The truth is this: We can't do this thing called "life" on our own. Jesus wants to be our partner in the journey. He wants to build us a house in Heaven. He wants us to know His love for us and to share it with others. Not to recruit or assimilate you. It's just that when you get good love you want people you love to get it too.

Come get some!!!!!!!

No comments: