Tuesday, November 22, 2005

A Stirring Romance

Today I have had revelation!

It's nothing shocking or new. It just makes sense.

Right now!

It's a little hard to explain, but I have been striving for things and trying to fill the void in my heart with things that are fleeting. This is why I am never satisfied.

"Everything is vanity!"

How true! I have an amazing life right now that is not being appreciated because I don't think it's quite where I want it. I'm not this....... or I haven't done that....... or God hasn't called me to this....... Who cares!!!! God doesn't want any of that bull for me. My revelation was this...

God wants me to follow Him. Pursue Him. Strive for Him. Be more like Him.

Why is this a revelation? Because I can now lay down those things that I have been wasting time on and spend more time on Him. What if I pray instead of trying to draw? What if I read the Bible instead of trying to write lyrics? What if my family actually sat down and read the Bible together?

My wife and I were talking last night about doing Advent this year. It will be the first time we attempted this, so I'm excited. We are also having worship at our house this weekend. It's time for me to take spiritual leadership of my family and make the time for us to learn and grow in Him.

The Lord is wooing my heart!

I'm in pursuit!!!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

D-roc,

so happy for you. you truly are finding the glorious freedom that Paul spoke of. when we learn to "stop" and learn to "allow" God can dream His dreams through us.

see ya friday...

-@

Scott Donnelly said...

Love reading this stuff!! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Awesome stuff D-rok! God is doing some great stuff in you!