Monday, November 14, 2005

Brought To You By the Letter "D" (Detroit, Donatos, Donnelly, Dave's, Dog, Donovan, Djembe, Discs, Dill

I have to start off by saying I had a great weekend! A@ron, Scott, Kelly, Dave, Shawna, Donovan, and Ruchita came to our house for some worship, fun, food, and laughs. Aaron led us on guitar, Donovan on bass, and I played my djembe. Kelly, Shawna, Ruchita, and Casey played various percussion and we were off to harp and bowl land.

We played some traditional modern worship and then moved into the Misty Edwards song, "Worthy Is The Lamb". This song was deep and moving. Everyone closed their eyes and we just started singing whatever was on our hearts. Scott even jumped in and sang even though he didn't know us very well. Awesome!

After a couple of hours, Aaron broke a string on his guitar. So, we ordered Donatos and watched Courage the Insult Comedy Dog. If you haven't seen the Star Wars sketch, you have missed out.

Finally everyone was tired and started falling asleep. The party was over at my house. Upon saying goodbye to everyone, Aaron said he wanted to stay longer. I offered to take him home on Saturday evening. Scott was overjoyed and left for Detroit around 10am without much sleep.

We left around 6:30pm on Saturday, after watching Alien with Kelly's son Eric(first timer). We made it Scott's house around 9:30PM and talked with him. He gave me Mike Bickle's series on getting to know the Holy Spirit (6 CDs) and a case to go with them. Thank You Scott. This is going to be a new study for my wife and I on Monday nights. Scott and Aaron introduced me to a guy named Todd Bentley who made some CDs of his teachings. His message was good, but I couldn't get over phrases like: "Marinate me"; "Pickle me"; "I want to go in a cucumber and come out a dill". We enjoyed a good laugh.

After a nice visit with Scott, his wife, and his dog Bailey, Aaron and I went to His parents' house. We stayed up and talked about music with his dad, Neil. I love Aaron's parents. They make their home yours and they are always interested in talking with you. It's very comforting.

The next morning we got up and went to Aaron's church and listened to the Worship Team practice for the service. We prayed with a few people for the service and talked with some of Aaron's friends. The service was good. The worship was strong. I liked it a lot and praised God. I also was able to talk with Rich who plays drums on the team. He is a good drummer and is going through some of the frustration I've had to go through playing electronic drums. He also told me about his family and his wife's devotion to her Jewish culture. I think it's the most we have talked and I loved it. Rich is a very cool guy.

Aaron and I then went to his Worship Team's long practice and ate pizza. So the morning was filled with praise and worship. It was a good time.

Aaron wanted to take me to his favorite Thai restaurant, but it was closed until 4pm. So walked around downtown Plymouth. If you can imagine the town in "Back To The Future", you have just seen Plymouth. It is kind of artsy and cultural. We then walked back to the car and left. The real eating began when we got to Famous Dave's. It's the best Barbeque ever. I brought some wings back for Casey.

I departed for Ohio after a hearty meal and made it home by 6:45pm. I had some great new CDs to listen to. I really enjoyed just having good conversation with a dear friend and meeting new people. Thanks Aaron for making me feel at home and comfortable. I will be back. Love ya bro.

1 comment:

Scott Donnelly said...

I never posted on this one to let you know I loved hangin' with you and look forward to the next time!