Monday, December 05, 2005

Identity In Christ

I saw one of my friends walking out of Krogers, so I said hello. He said he had been thinking of me and was going to call me to give drum lessons to his daughter. I had to explain that I'm not able to do that right now, but maybe sometime later. His daughter walked away and we talked about how he was doing. Awesome, by the way! He is going to a Vineyard in Columbus and is growing tremendously.

He then said, I haven't forgot what you said when we ate at Arby's that day." I told him I forgot, so he needs to remind me. He then said, "My identity is in Christ and not anyone else. I am an overcomer! Not a victim!"

At first, I thought, "Wow, that came from me?!?" Then I realized God was telling me that I will never know when he is using me to witness. I had only lived through that experience and shared it with my friend. The glory goes to Him and he has not forgot me. I had no idea that would affect my friend, but it did. Praise God!

Just when I thought I was not being very effective, I hear something that makes me get on my knees. It also reminded me that I am an overcomer, also. I am not condemned even though I sometimes feel like it. I am not useless, even though I sometimes think I am. I am not what I always think I am. A weird concept, but true. I am who God thinks I am.

Aaron, this is also a shout out to you. You told it to me first and I am continually living it out. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!

No comments: