Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Take Me For Longing

"Take me for longing or leave me behind" is the lyric of an Alison Krauss & Union Station song from the song by the same name.

It is truly how I felt yesterday upon hearing the news that I was not selected for a training opportunity to become a Global Career Counselor. The facilitators requested a resume and a letter of intent to be selected.

"Don't choose me because I am faithful, don't choose me because I am kind."

I received a letter in my mailbox that said I was not selected due to the number of applicants and my lack of eduation. This doesn't make much sense to me because if I had the education I wouldn't need the training, but what do I know?!?

"If your heart settles on me, I'm for the takin"

I would have loved to get this opportunity because it would have solidified my position at West Central. I am looking to be promoted in a couple of years to a coordinator position and because I lack education, his would have beefed up the ole resume.

I want to say they missed a great opportunity to have me. I also want to say they can have their stupid training, but I really wanted it.

I am longing and upset, but, unfortunately, they are not.

They left me behind.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

sorry to hear this bro!

the lyric that come to my mind instantly (light years away from Alison!) is U2's Beautiful Day:

"what you don't have / you don't need it now / what you don't have yuo can't feel somehow..."

i find comfort in that line when i don't get the girl, the job, or the people visiting me up here in michigan...

love ya
-@

Scott Donnelly said...

I hate to be this guy, but God has something better. On the other hand, that does suck... I've been there.

Faithful Joy said...

I got your note on my blog today and it proves to me what I have been thinking the past few weeks. God is drawing us all back together again. For such a long time we were all growing and moving together spiritually (you and Casey and Swanger and Kelly and I...) and it was so great to have each other. Then for the past few months it seemed like we were all on separate paths. I feel like God is pulling us back together again, providing us with the opportunity to draw strength and comfort from each other as we grow in Christ. I am so thankful for friends like you!

I am sorry that you got passed up. It sucks being under-appreciated. I have learned that it's not so much schooling as experience that makes a difference. You can study theory all day, but if you don't know what happens in reality, it is worthless. Scott is right about "better things" waiting for you around the corner. Our Father knows the desires of your heart. Keep seeking His face.

Love ya!