Friday, October 27, 2006

Holy ...., Choir Director!

I was just made Choir Director at work!

This is a pretty big honor and I feel up to the task. I have a co-director and he has a lot of experience, so this should be a lot of fun.

We are going to hold auditions soon because we already have our first gig lined up on December 7th, 2006. Our Program Director lined up the date at her church before she knew who would be leading the choir. So, travel is on the horizon.

We are already catching flack for holding auditions, but if you've ever heard 20 guys singing off key, then you know why we need them. The previous director never held auditions. She felt that music was therapeutic and all men should have a chance. Although, I would like all men to have a chance, I also know that not all men can sing well. Then you add that we are going to visit places showcasing our talent. I don't care if they're great vocalists. I just want them to carry a tune and stay on key.

It will take some time to get good, but we are running out of that commodity fast!

So, you better watch out! You better not cry! The West Central Choir is coming to a town near you!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Faithful Joy said...

You are going to be amazing. What an awesome opportunity God has given you!