Wednesday, October 04, 2006

End of the Spear


Last night my wife and I watched one of the best movies I have ever seen. It is called End of the Spear. It is about missionaries that made contact with one of the most feared tribes in the Amazonian jungle. Not only did they make contact, but they introduced "Waongongi's" love to help break their ancient cycle of violence.

There were two moments in the movie where I just started crying. I hardly ever cry during a movie, but this was awesome. One of the tribesman asked why the men didn't fight back and the tribe leader's sister answered, "they wanted to tell you that Waonongi had a son, who died, and was stabbed with a spear, and jumped the great boa." I don't want to give away too much, but there was power in her statement.

At the end, I was left feeing deeply passionate about sharing the gospel with others. I saw how Christ's love extended through generations and broke cycles of hatred and struggles for dominance.

Casey and I both were balling. I don't think you can watch the movie and not be touched. Go and rent this movie. It is well worth it.

1 comment:

Faithful Joy said...

THANK GOD YOU FINALLY SAW IT.