Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Confessions of a King

Hello eveyone. It's been a while since I blogged, so I thought I would catch everyone up.

My new flavor of the month is definitely... , well I have two: Under The Influence of Giants' album of the same name and The Killers' new album Sam's Town. I've taken about two weeks to discover all of the songs and I love them. I usually turn on UTIG when I'm wanting something upbeat and happy and when I want something different I turn on The Killers.

Okay, so I'm missing Lost already. I'm not happy with this season, but I need answers and I think they, once again, have raised more questions than they have answered. We'll see when they resume the show in February. Wednesdays will not have much to offer for a while.

Spiritually, I am doing okay. I say that because I have stepped out in faith and my confidence is growing. I am ready to lead a home group and I am getting more confident to pray for others in service. My prayer time is still lacking and my devotion time is non existent. I am still appalled by Christian music and cannot seem to shake it. Even some worship music is sounding mundane and recycled. I am a spoiled boy. I only want to hear Kansas City IHOP worship.

Drumming-wise I am stuck in a rut. I am playing the same things that are comfortable and not pushing myself or honing in on one skill. Oh well, back to the ole woodshed.

Choir director-wise I think they are coming along nicely. They aren't going to draw big crowds, but they'll at least be able to stay on key. It's been really fun.

I put together a list of 10 songs I would want to play if I am ever in a band again in no particular order:
1. Fell On Black Days - Soundgarden
2. What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
3. Message in a Bottle - The Police
4. Wheel in the Sky - Journey
5. Resist - Rush
6. Operation Spirit - Live
7. Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder/ Red Hot Chili Peppers
8. Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
9. Killer Queen - Queen
10. Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett

I'll keep adding to this list. Wow! Pretty diverse!

2 comments:

Faithful Joy said...

Huh. Only one Rush tune?

d-roc said...

Well, I can't be too predictable.