Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Way Out Is The Way In

I just love Rush and their penchant for sarcastically piercing lyrics like the ones from "Secret Touch".

"The way out is the way in"

They hit today as I struggled getting up, again to the alarm clock, which has become a bane, yet a calling at this moment, to go to worship practice. As I traveled to town I realized how dreadful this morning would be because I would have to tell Greg I couldn't practice for Power Surge Teen Expo. I needed to be home with my wife and kids. So, I drudged along and tried to forget about it.

As the team started practicing and really just trying to worship, I realized I just needed to let everything go and focus solely on Him. What a blessing. It was like a vacation. That is, until the end of service when Greg approached me and asked if I could practice. Apologetically, I told him I couldn't and that I wouldn't be able to this whole week due to other commitments. Reluctantly, he asked if I wanted out. I saw my chance and I took it. I told him it had become too taxing for my family and me. So, I introduced him to Zack, as a replacement, and let it go. Praise God for correcting my mistake. I should have never agreed to it in the first place. Life goes on...

"You can never break the chain
There is never love without pain
A gentle hand, a secret touch on the heart"

So, now my family can know that daddy is home and wants to spend time with them. In case you didn't know, play time is a serious business!!! Dads ought not forget the importance of becoming a tree for the monkeys to hang on.

"A healing hand, a secret touch on the heart"

My load has been made lighter and I think I learned that God has been in control of when I can play music, so I don't lose sight of where He wants me and where I am needed. Hard lesson for a rocker at heart.

"There is never love without pain
Life is the power that remains"

2 comments:

Scott Donnelly said...

I thought this was going to be about John Wimber for a second... one of his books is called, "The Way In Is the Way On."

I am really thankful that God made things work out for you. Cheryl and I were really burdened after seeing you Thursday night. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for having the courage to say no even when you felt like you "had to do it."

Love ya' Bro.

Casey said...

I am real glad that you don't have to worry about Power Surge right now. Hey, just think you only have to work three days this week! Party on!