Thursday, October 25, 2007

Yo, Joe!!!


They're making one of my favorite 80's cartoons and action figures into a movie. Snake Eyes, Flint, Gung-Ho, Duke, and Scarlett will be hitting the big screen as well as Cobra Commander, Destro, Storm Shadow, and The Baronness.


I used to have almost all of the 3.5" action figures when I was a kid. I loved it and I think it had as much of an influence on me as Star Wars. I also had a few comics and watched the cartoon religiously after school everyday.


Snake Eyes is as cool as Wolverine and even more mysterious. The other characters were a little on the cheesy side, but every now then they would create one that was really original and fun.


In light of current events in the world, this movie will probably cause quite the stir as Cobra, a terror organization, tries to take over the world.


The movie has been changed from the original concept, which is a group of americans, to a new global p.c. version. G.I. Joe will be made up of international agents to be able to market overseas.


Interesting tidbit: a carrier pigeon by the name of G.I. Joe brought a crucial message to Italy and saved thousands of lives during World War II. This is where it started.



and now, you know...


And knowing is half the battle! Yo, joe!!!

No comments: