Sunday, October 28, 2007

Under Pressure


Today, I am feeling weighed down. I am feeling the pressure of the coming week as many things are starting to converge.

I have paint just sitting around the house, staring me down, asking me, "when are you going to finish the house?" Worship team practice and Trick or Treat night are going to hinder the timeliness of the project. I also have the second week of training start on Monday. I am not looking forward to this because it is way more work than necessary. I also don't know if I'm going to be compensated for all of my hard work. Even if I do complete the training, I may not get certified. That isn't giving me the incentive I was hoping for, either. After the kids go to bed, I have two modules to read for my test, first thing in the morning. I also have laundry and dishes piling up. Even though that isn't very serious, it adds to my stress. Casey is helping me get the laundry done.

We have been in a marathon at work. That is a process in which we shut down programming and make the residents work out issues or behaviors in the house. Think of it like a Fillibuster in Congress. Add that to the fact that I was acting Coordinator for two weeks and I think I'm ready for a vacation. I'm not burned out, I'm just tired.

Not to end on a sour note, I changed my tax exemptions on my w-4. I got back money on my check that really saved our butt. I treated the family to a night at the dollar($2.00 actually) movies(we saw Ratatouille), $1.75 meal at Wendy's/Tim Horton's (chicken nuggets and a doughnut), and a trip to Petland to see all the animals. It was a great night of family fun. That's extravagance!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you feel under pressure...

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!