Thursday, March 29, 2007

Musician for Hire

Well I did it!

I sent an e-mail to four recording studios in Columbus telling them I was interested in being a musician for hire.

Scott D, Scott Y, and I were talking about what we would like to do for our dream jobs. Jokingly, we said we would hold each other accountable to just start working on it. So, I did it. I thought, "why not? What's holding me back?"

myself


It was easy after I got started.

But, this is a big step for me. My lack of confidence has anchored me in the mud for a long time now...



The good thing is, I know I am good enough.



Deep down.



When I talk of confidence, I mean I don't have confidence that it will go anywhere. Because I may be turned down or I might...gulp.... fail.

beep be beep beep<Newsflash> be beep beep beep


I am afraid to fail!



What a lame excuse. Music is probably the one thing people are most confident I can do.


Not sure if I'm okay with that, but it's true.


I used my job seeking skills I teach in Job Readiness class to market myself.

No fluff, just bare bones truth!
I didn't say anything I couldn't back up.
So, hopefully, someone will take the bait and make contact with me. If not, I will have to call them directly.
At least I have a plan and my resume is already on a cd just waiting to be heard.
I'll wait to get nervous when they ask me to show them what I can do.

2 comments:

Scott Donnelly said...

Good job D-Rock! Proud of you...

Casey said...

Hmm...You must have taken care of that weird post cause it's not on here anymore. Oh well. That was freaky.