Monday, October 17, 2005

The Lord Doesn't Forget!

The Lord is doing some amazing things. After making my proclamation, a few things happened that blew my mind. Thursday night group went very well and we had a new couple come. The husband was seeking the lord's voice and needed prayer. He and his wife left before we were able to pray with them. So we kept them in our prayers throughout the week.

Fast forward to Sunday:

Our pastor preached about being a servant and what choices we have to make when we truly serve Him. During ministry time I knew I had to go up front and pray with someone. I left my drumset and prayed with two people that I didn't know. We then hugged afterward and it was great. I knew I was going up front before the sermon was over. The Lord was calling me to serve. I also didn't go up to someone that I knew because it was too easy. I needed to walk in faith and break my mold.

During the service a woman walked in that I recognized. She was the mother of a boy who came to youth group at my previous church. She was late, which is why I noticed her. After the service I walked up to my friend Kelly who led our youth group. I asked her if that was the same woman whose son came. Kelly stated that she had been working out with this woman everyday. She then realized who she was and we talked with her. It was the same woman and her son is now living in Utah. Kelly asked me if I remember her son praying for her in youth group. She said, "The Lord doesn't forget!" I got chills and then Kelly started crying. It was awesome!!!!!!!! I saw her last week at the mall and she was on my mind the rest of the week until Sunday. (I will share more of this story later)

The end of the second service saw the couple that came to small group go up front to receive prayer. He knew the Lord was calling him and he knelt down on his knees. His prayers were answered.

It was a very satisfying service and one that had impact. It's amazing to see the Lord work and move people closer to Him.


1 comment:

Faithful Joy said...

Thanks for sharing this. It's so awesome to see how God works.

By the way, my car is doing well. Couple more small repairs and I should be able to come and visit! I miss ya'all so much!

Love ya!