Friday, June 08, 2007

Transformers

Man, I gotta tell ya, I am soooo excited about Transformers movie coming out on July 3rd. It is probably making me more excited than some of the comic book movies right now.

I have high expectations, as any fan does, when I hear these movies are being made. Usually, as long as the core character is there I'm happy, but if they miss the point of the character and his or her struggle, then they've wasted millions on a piece if shite. Fantastic Four is one of those pieces of shite. I mean The Thing in a foam rubber suit!?!



Transformers is having the guy who voiced the original Optimus Prime from the 80's cartoon be the voice of Optimus prime in the movie. That alone tells me they are taking great pains to make this movie worth it. What I've seen so far, it's better than one usually expects.


The characters are similar to their original incarnations which wipes the sweat from my brow. It also means they aren't going to make up their own robots to fit their story.


Lets just hope we don't see the Dynobots.


Visit this link for some cool videos and pics.

Visit this link for the cool theme song.

1 comment:

Scott Donnelly said...

I think I need to see that with you... you know that I am not a Comic Book Geek or really into any kind of Sci-Fi, but that movie intrigues me. You'll have to give me some background on the Transformers though, I know absolutely nothing about them.