Friday, September 07, 2007

Who Is He?

Man was I suckered today! I was in the Women's wing observing an encounter where we address someone on their positive, or in this case, negative behavior. One of the counselors in the women's wing tricked me into thinking the next activity was going to be a "Who Is She?". A tool we use to give someone positive affirmations. So, of course I'm just waiting for it to start and she announces to the community that Mr. Clay needs to go have a seat in front of everyone for a "Who Is He."

My back is facing the community, so I don't get to see who is addressing me.

All of the women(14) gave me positive affirmations. Some of it was funny and others were very heartfelt.

I cried.

I didn't cry because I wanted to hear those things to be able to do my job or because I feel I deserve them. I cried because I know God has sent me there to work with people. He knows that I love to see changes in people and to hear them get ahold of something they never had before. He certainly didn't send me there to make money. I love people!

Everyday, I see brokenness, destruction, bitterness, yearning, striving, healing, mourning, love, jealousy, hate, tragedy, enjoyment, etc...

God brings me close to those things and lets me see them face to face. And as He does I see my world and my life and my faith start to change. I see more of myself in them and I can relate.

I couldn't have asked for this job to be created. He just knew my heart and gave it something really good.

1 comment:

Faithful Joy said...

D-that is so amazing. God is so good. And more confirmation still that you are exactly where He wants you to be, and that everything else will fall into place. You are His beloved.

Missed you at church this morning. Cya soon.